The Caddo Parish ERA Program Stopped Accepting New Applications on January 19, 2022
IMPORTANT NOTICE: After serving over 11,000 families in Caddo Parish and issuing over $32,476,736 in assistance, the Parish’s Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) has stopped accepting applications as of January 19, 2022, as there are enough applications submitted to fully expend the limited funding that remains.
The Parish will continue to consider applications that are currently in the system until all funds have been expended. Due to the number of applications that are currently in the queue, it is expected that all funds will be expended by the end of February 2022.
The Parish will attempt to process and approve as many applications as possible with the limited funding still available. While the ERAP program allows up to 15 months of rental assistance, some applicants that are currently receiving payments may not receive 15 months of payments, as all available funding will be exhausted.
If you have questions, you may call 318-239-7772 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday, except for observed holidays. The ERA Program receives and accepts Video Relay Service (VRS) calls from people who are Deaf or hard-of-hearing.
- What is the Caddo Parish ERA Program?
- Is there a maximum amount of rent that will be paid by the Program?
- What are the eligibility criteria for the Caddo Parish ERA Program?
- When will the program begin and when is my deadline to apply?
- How can I apply for the Caddo Parish ERA funds?
- Will some applications get priority?
- How do I know if an address is within the Caddo Parish?
- Who receives ERA funds, and how will the funds be sent?
What do I do if I have more questions about the ERA Program?
- How do I fill out the application?
- What information do I need when submitting my application?
- If I received rent help through the Louisiana Emergency Rental Assistance Program (LERAP), can I apply for rent help again?
- If I am currently homeless or staying temporarily with a friend, family member, or in a series of other people's homes, am I eligible for ERA funds?
- If I receive federal housing subsidy from another federal program (Public Housing, Section 8 Tenant-Based and Project Based Voucher Program), can I get ERA funds?
If I need help in applying or uploading documents, how can I get help?
- Is there a cost to apply for the ERA Program?
- Can my landlord apply for me?
- Can someone else apply for me?
- How many applications can I submit?
- How will I know that my application was submitted?
- What happens if I provide untrue or incomplete information on my application?
- How do I check the status of my application?
- When will the random selections of applications occur for eligibility reviews?
- If my application was not chosen in the random selection process, what is next?
- Will randomly selected applicants be notified that their application was chosen for eligibility review?
- Which documents are renters required to provide to determine eligibility for assistance?
- Which income documents can be used to prove current monthly gross income?
- How do I upload documents once my application is selected for eligibility review?
- What does the applicant eligibility review process look like for randomly selected applications?
- What if my landlord refuses to participate in the Program?
- What happens if an applicant is determined ineligible for the ERA Program?
- If I am a renter and I receive ERA funds, is it counted as income?
- As a landlord, why should I sign up for a landlord account in the Emergency Rental Assistance (ERA) portal?
- I am a landlord with multiple properties, or I own/manage multiple entities with different EIN numbers; do I need to register for more than one sign-in account in the Emergency Rental Assistance (ERA) portal?
- Multiple staff members may need to access our landlord ERA account for our renters. What do we do?
- I am a landlord with a renter that may qualify for assistance, what do I do?
- What documentation does the landlord need to provide to get ERA funds on behalf of a renter?
- How can I check the status of my renter’s application?
- Does the landlord have to accept the ERA payment?
- What if I do not have access to bank account information?
- When will ERA payments be sent to the landlord?
- How will I be notified when payments are sent?
- Will I receive a 1099 for rent assistance funds received?
- If I receive federal housing subsidy from another federal program (Public Housing, Section 8 Tenant-Based and Project Based Voucher Program) on behalf of my renter, can I get ERA funds?