The Caddo Parish ERA Program Application Process
OPENS Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 8:00 a.m.
At present, the Caddo Parish ERA Program has successfully distributed all of its available ERA1 and ERA2 rental and utility assistance funding. However, we are presently working with the State of Louisiana in an effort to allocate and distribute additional funding to serve the emergency rental and utility needs of eligible Caddo Parish residents. When these additional funds become available, Caddo Parish will resume distributing the assistance to those households remaining in the eligibility process and those who continue to submit their applications on our portal at caddo.covidrenthelp.org.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Caddo Parish has launched its Emergency Rental Assistance (ERA) Program. The program is for income-eligible renters who live in Caddo Parish, LA, and have been financially impacted by COVID-19. The program will provide direct rent relief of up to $9.2 million between April 1, 2021 and December 2021, or until all funds are spent.
Every Wednesday, up to 500 renter applicants are selected in priority order to begin eligibility processing, as follows:
Priority 1: Renters who qualify for unemployment for at least the 90 days before application and have zero to low income (at or less than 50% of the area median income).
Priority 2: Renters who qualify for unemployment for at least the 90 days before application or have zero to low income (at or less than 50% of the area median income).
Priority 3: Renters who were previously served by the Louisiana Emergency Rental Assistance Program (LERAP)
Priority 4: All other submitted applications.
At the current rate of application submissions, it is anticipated that all current applicants will begin eligibility processing by no later June 16, and applicants after that date will begin eligibility processing within a week of application submission.
It is important to note that the time between the start of eligibility processing and funding approval varies significantly, depending on how quickly renters and landlords provide requested documentation and the accuracy of the provided information.
If you have questions, you may call 318-239-7772 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday, except for observed holidays. The ERA Program receives and accepts Video Relay Service (VRS) calls from people who are Deaf or hard-of-hearing.
- What is the Caddo Parish ERA Program?
- Is there a maximum amount of rent that will be paid by the Program?
- What are the eligibility criteria for the Caddo Parish ERA Program?
- When will the program begin and when is my deadline to apply?
- How can I apply for the Caddo Parish ERA funds?
- Will some applications get priority?
- How do I know if an address is within the Caddo Parish?
- Who receives ERA funds, and how will the funds be sent?
What do I do if I have more questions about the ERA Program?
- How do I fill out the application?
- What information do I need when submitting my application?
- If I received rent help through the Louisiana Emergency Rental Assistance Program (LERAP), can I apply for rent help again?
- If I am currently homeless or staying temporarily with a friend, family member, or in a series of other people's homes, am I eligible for ERA funds?
- If I receive federal housing subsidy from another federal program (Public Housing, Section 8 Tenant-Based and Project Based Voucher Program), can I get ERA funds?
If I need help in applying or uploading documents, how can I get help?
- Is there a cost to apply for the ERA Program?
- Can my landlord apply for me?
- Can someone else apply for me?
- How many applications can I submit?
- How will I know that my application was submitted?
- What happens if I provide untrue or incomplete information on my application?
- How do I check the status of my application?
- When will the random selections of applications occur for eligibility reviews?
- If my application was not chosen in the random selection process, what is next?
- Will randomly selected applicants be notified that their application was chosen for eligibility review?
- Which documents are renters required to provide to determine eligibility for assistance?
- Which income documents can be used to prove current monthly gross income?
- How do I upload documents once my application is selected for eligibility review?
- What does the applicant eligibility review process look like for randomly selected applications?
- What if my landlord refuses to participate in the Program?
- What happens if an applicant is determined ineligible for the ERA Program?
- If I am a renter and I receive ERA funds, is it counted as income?
- As a landlord, why should I sign up for a landlord account in the Emergency Rental Assistance (ERA) portal?
- I am a landlord with multiple properties, or I own/manage multiple entities with different EIN numbers; do I need to register for more than one sign-in account in the Emergency Rental Assistance (ERA) portal?
- Multiple staff members may need to access our landlord ERA account for our renters. What do we do?
- I am a landlord with a renter that may qualify for assistance, what do I do?
- What documentation does the landlord need to provide to get ERA funds on behalf of a renter?
- How can I check the status of my renter’s application?
- Does the landlord have to accept the ERA payment?
- What if I do not have access to bank account information?
- When will ERA payments be sent to the landlord?
- How will I be notified when payments are sent?
- Will I receive a 1099 for rent assistance funds received?
- If I receive federal housing subsidy from another federal program (Public Housing, Section 8 Tenant-Based and Project Based Voucher Program) on behalf of my renter, can I get ERA funds?