Before registering and applying, see if you meet the eligibility criteria listed below. Households under the same lease are only allowed to submit one application. Duplicate applications will be denied and may cause delays in determining your household's eligibility for help or be considered as fraud.
Eligibility and RequirementsRenter households must have an income no more than 80 percent of Area Median Income (AMI) AND one or more members of the household must have either:
- qualified for unemployment benefits, OR
- prove that due to COVID-19 they:
- receive less income,
- have higher costs/bills, or
- have another other financial hardship.
- are at risk of experiencing homelessness or their housing is uncertain, which may include a past due utility/rent notice or eviction notice.
- You must be a Caddo Parish renter, without any homeownership interest in your home. The address on your application must be the main place where you live.
Information to Gather Before Submitting Your Application
- Your email address (to create an email account, go to gmail.com), and phone number.
- The following information for each household member:
- Full name, date of birth, gender, race, ethnicity, relationship to the head of household, social security number, alien registration number, individual taxpayer identification number (if you have one).
- The household's current address and mailing address.
- Each household member’s current gross monthly income (before taxes or deductions are taken out) and the types of income.
- Your landlord’s name, email address, and phone number.
- If you are behind in your electricity payments, gather information about your electricity provider, your account number, and any past due electricity amounts.
- Ask your landlord if they have registered for a landlord account at Caddo.covidrenthelp.org and have a Referral Code. If they have not, encourage them to register. If they have, include the Referral Code in your application. This will speed up eligibility processing, but it is not required for you to submit your application.
Renter DocumentationYou do not need to provide any documents to apply.
You will be contacted with information on how to submit this documentation if your application is selected for eligibility review; however, it may be helpful to start gathering your documents.
Please refer to the FAQs for more information.